Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do i remove the dashboard on a 1995 plymouth voyager?

i already have 60% of the dash board off. but the left side of the information panel located on the top of the steering area will not come off and there are no visible screws. i am trying to change my heater core. i know i have to go behind the dash board to get to the heater box to remove it to replace it. my situation is i cant afford to get this work done and must do it, so i must do it myself. there was a strong sweet scent (smelled like old anti freeze) coming from my vents and my heat doesn't work and i cant defrost my windshield. it fogs in seconds. i need all the help i can get. i've been working on this project for 3 days and haven't seen the heater core yet.How do i remove the dashboard on a 1995 plymouth voyager?
Did you pop the molding in front of the warning light panel (where your turn signal arrows are off? This just pops off and there are several screws that hold the panel in.



There are also screws in the instrument cluster that need to be removed, you may need to use a mirror to see them. The defrost air deflectors also pop off and there may be screws under them holding the dash.How do i remove the dashboard on a 1995 plymouth voyager?
You need to buy a Haynes manual from autozone. You picked one of the most irritating jobs to do on any car. I don't even mess with those things. Too many screws. I hope that you marked all of them and put them in ziplocks. Good luck!