Thursday, June 2, 2011

How much does it cost to replace a heater core?

I have a 1995 Ford Contour GL, 2.0 that I believe needs a heater core. I don't have time right now to replace it, so I am wondering about how much it would cost for parts and labor for the replacement. The dash does not need to be taken out, however the center console and shifter assembly does (without tearing apart wires and effing the overdrive). Other than that it's just a matter of removing some things and changing it out. Thanks in advance for your responses!How much does it cost to replace a heater core?
I don't know the specific time for it but if that's all your saying needs to be taken out then maybe 2 or 3 hours labor and then parts cost so possibly $200-400 in that range. How do you know it's leaking? Coolant on the floor? If you don't have the money it can be bypassed since you won't be using it much in the warmer season.