Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Anybody every changed a Heater Core on a 1997 Lexus LX450?

My neighbor needs a heater core replaced on her 1997 LX450. Anybody ever tackled this? I know on some of the Lexus models, you have to go as far as taking out the motor mounts and propping the motor up to get to the heater core that is buried between the motor, tranny, and firewall. Others, I know you have to take out the dash. How bad is the LX450, and what does it involve? I am very mechanically inclined, and would like to help my neighbor, so she doesn't have to pay $1,500 at Lexus. Thanks!Anybody every changed a Heater Core on a 1997 Lexus LX450?
I've had the dash out of maybe 10 LX's. (i work at a body shop). Get ready..... The dash pad comes off. You don't have to remove the inner support bar(side to side). Start with the glove box and lower cover. Step by step is hard to explain. I don't have books or help when I pull a dash. The parts are very costly if you brake something. E-mail me please before you start.

TW