Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to change the heater core out?

Click the link below. It give a step-by-step instruction on how to replace the heater core in most cars



.http://www.ehow.com/how_5032282_change-h



Hope this helps and good luckHow to change the heater core out?
Vehicle info would be nice.How to change the heater core out?
this is a tough one. What kind of car do you have? depending on the model and make, you may have to remove the dash completely. most that I have run across have been fairly simple, by removing the duct around the blower motor from the inside. but there are those that are centered in the middle of the car and those are the one that you have to remove the dash on. where are your hoses going into the fire wall?How to change the heater core out?
Step 4%26gt; Remove the heater core... Like it's dangling in front of you. That's sooo funny.



It could be deeply embedded in the duct under the dash. On 9o% of cars, this job is a nightmare if you have little experience. I hope it isn't a volvo.



You NEED a maintenance manual.



Is it leaking bad? Have you tried a radiator stop leak?How to change the heater core out?
I'm going to be brutally honest with you. If you are not very good mechanically. If you do not have an entire weekend free. If you are short on patience. Forget it. and just bundle -up for the rest of the winter. No kidding thats what I do myself. On some of my own vehicles. And Iv'e been a Mechanic for over 30 yrs. And to me It's not worth all the Bull@$% you gotta do to fix it. I just dress warmly until April. Have Fun though.